Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

On Saturday I was privileged to go with some of my family to the Gila Valley Temple. My Dad and his company supplied the steal for the temple and Saturday was the day that they invited all of the construction companies and workers who helped build the temple along with their family to an open house. It was a fun experience to go through the temple before it opens. It was interesting to hear how those who helped in the construction share how it was built. After our tour they had a wonderful lunch to say thanks. The open house to the rest of the public will start this weekend. Only Julia and I were able to go, Brian had a campout with the scouts, Noah was not with us this weekend, and Dean was left with a babysitter.




Joshua, Taylor, Jacob, Summer, Peyton, Kate, Hailey, Me, Julia, Christin, Andy, Dad, Mom, Scott, Emily, Ryan, and Alexis


When we were driving up to the temple there is a train track that runs parallel to the temple. We noticed that a train had derailed just before you got to the entrance of the temple and stake center next to it. They said that it had happened the night before and it was amazing that it stopped before it could block off the entrance. Nothing can stop the work of the Lord!


3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

What a neat experience. We are so excited to visit the Vancouver B.C. open house this Friday. I can't wait to see my kids reactions when they go inside.

Emily said...

How fun! I can't wait!

Christin said...

I didn't know the train story. Amazing!