When I got my sewing machine at the beginning of the year I really wanted to make sure I used it. So this summer I came up with a few projects that I wanted to accomplish before our baby comes. Noah and Dean got a bunk bed in their room so Dean needed a bedspread. I got some sheets from my mom that are at least 20 years old that had never been used. I decided that I could use them to make a duvet cover. My sister had a bedspread that she did not use anymore so I used that to fill it. The whole project cost me nothing but time. It was fun to make and Dean loves it!
This blanket below was my first project. I had a lot of leftover material that I ended up not using on my first quilt. I decided that instead of let the scraps sit there that I should put a quilt together. It was not very hard to make and I even quilted the back on myself. I love the soft material in the back and think it would be a great blanket for Julia to use when she gets in a toddler bed next year.
Every time I would go to the fabric store Dean would ask me to make him a bear. I kept putting him off but then decided I should take on the challenge. I found an easy pattern and some soft fuzzy material(don't think I would use the material again since it makes a huge mess). I let Dean pick out a handkerchief to put around the neck. It did not turn out as well as I wanted but Dean likes it.
A girl in my ward was giving away some clothes and toys and I scored with all the cute things she had. She had a toy stroller that was great except the seat was falling apart. I decided to take it apart and make a new seat. I got some old material my mom had. I think it is early 90's flower denim but hey it worked. It was so fun to make and Julia loves the stroller. She is very possessive of it and if someone else tries to play with it she it right on their tail.
This isn't sewing but I did go to a craft night that happens monthly with some friends in my ward. It was easy to make and I think it turned out cute!
Along with my projects it was great being able to mend some of Brian's pants and cut off some of Noah's pants and make them into shorts. I am so glad I got my sewing machine this year. My next project will hopefully be to make matching outfits for Julia and her new sister around Christmas time. I know that seems like a while but I think my life is going to get a little busier soon!
2 years ago



5 comments:
You are amazing! Happy Crafting!
Your projects are great!! Love the blanket with the brown backing.
I love it! I really want a new sewing machine, as mine doesn't work very well, and I think you have just inspired me to get one. Your duvet cover is so cute and the quilt is fabulous. Great job!
Juliet
That's fun to see that first quilt all done -- that's the one you showed me when we were there. All your projects turned out great!
You've done so much work and I agree with Christin....you're amazing!
Post a Comment