Saturday, August 20, 2011

Julia 20 months

I was out running errands and when I got back they were all taking naps. I wanted to download my pictures and this is what I found. Brian said Julia found a pair of Dean's underwear along with his glasses. He found her like this having fun using them as accessories!

We love our little girl! She is growing up so fast! She now will call out for me "mama" or "mommy" when she is ready to get out of bed instead of crying. It is cute to hear! She loves to swim and is becoming fearless. She likes to go to the edge of the pool, lay on her belly and hang her feet over the side and waits for someone to get her so she can go in. She hasn't gone in by herself yet but I can see it happening soon. Our eyes always have to be on her in the pool! We also push her to the side, let go of her and she can reach and grab the side of the pool and then move her arms and feet along the wall to get to the step. It is amazing how much she has learned over the summer swimming. Julia is trying to talk more each day and her favorite word right now is "no". It means yes too but she will occasionally say "yep". She has a cute smile but also can give some mean, grouchy looks. She likes to play chase with Daddy, Dean, and Noah. Stilling others toys is the stage she is at and she thinks it is funny when I try to discipline her. She gets very upset when someone plays with her baby stroller or her little backpack. If Dean has something she usually wants it. Her naps are not consistent, they are either 1-3 hours long. I don't know what I will get each day so I plan for an hour and love it when I get more. She loves to throw things in the garbage can which is nice but sometimes I find things that are not garbage. She gets said when Daddy goes to work and sometimes will even cry. She is cute when we say prayer and is getting good at keeping her arms folded. I would say she is stubborn at time or maybe just wanting to be independent. What a fun stage but also one that tests my patience!

No comments: