Monday, May 2, 2011

Smith Baby Coming in 2011

We are having another......GIRL! For those who did not know we are expecting, I am 20weeks. Yes, it was planned. The doctor asked me that when I came in. I guess I am a regular in that office because everyone knows me and are super nice. When I think about it by the time we have this little baby Dr. Lepetich would have delivered our 4 babies within just a little over 4 years. The baby looks healthy and is developing normally which is what counts! I thought we were having a girl and it was confirmed this morning at the doctors. I guess that will make the room situation in our home easier! Dean wanted to have a brother but I kept telling him it might be a sister. He would always tell me "that's ok mommy we can have a brother and a sister." So far all has been going great. I am over the nausea feeling that is I think the hardest part for me. I have a little more energy. I don't always feel like I am pregnant except for my belly getting bigger. My legs get a little painful which seems to start earlier with each baby I have had but it is worth it. I haven't written anything about this pregnancy so far so here is a little update. I went to the doctor when I thought I was 12 weeks but he measured me at 8 weeks. I had an ultrasound scheduled for the next week where it confirmed that I was 11 weeks which was better than what the doctor thought. I was about 10 days off. I felt sick up until about 15 to 16 weeks which is longer than usual. I started feeling the baby move at 16 weeks which started to make it a little more real. I feel so grateful to have a body that is healthy enough to continue to get pregnant so many times in a row. I can't wait to meet our little baby girl. The very end of August is when we plan on her arrival. So exciting and a little overwhelming at the same time. Before she comes my goal is to get Julia walking as her main source of moving. So far she still loves to crawl but is walking more and more around the house.

9 comments:

Emily said...

congrats, becky and family! i hope you continue to feel good and the summer goes smoothly!

randi said...

yeah! congratulations. i'm so excited for you and your cute little family that is quickly growing into a cute not so little family! =) glad you are feeling better. time to get together again! maybe next time bridgette is down?

jakeanddeana said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Two sisters together will be so fun!

Nicole said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We're so happy everything is going well and Julia will have lots of fun with her little sister! Hopefully Dean's ok with another sister.

Jen Hakes said...

So fun! Glad you are feeling better! It will be so great for Julia to have a sister.

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

YAY! I hope to have another girl someday too. I'm excited for ya! And Dean will still love her so much :)

Bridgette Blake said...

Congratulations Becky and Brian and family! You are a superwomen, and a supermom. I hope we can all get together for a girls lunch soon. Maybe at my 6 week check? Should be sometime in June I'm thinking. So happy for all of you! :)

Natalie said...

yay yay yay! i'm so excited for your little family! you're growing into a big family so fast! good luck with everything! our baby is due the beginning of october!

Megan Smith said...

So happy for you guys! Girls are great! This makes me wonder, I wonder what the count is now on the Smith side for grand kids girls versus boys?!