Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Day

Easter morning I made waffles and then we had the kids open their baskets. We then all sat (or tried to stay in the same room) and watched the Living Scripture movie about the Resurrection of Christ. This year I decided to make Julia an Easter outfit using the new sewing machine I got for my birthday. My friend April was so kind and let me use one of her patterns and told me how to put appliques on the shirt. Overall I was quite happy with the results and am excited to make her another outfit!
I did not get the best pictures because she would not stand still for very long and she doesn't like to keep things in her hair any more.



Brian told me to make sure the Easter bunny got something girly for Julia since all she plays with are Dean's toys. She got a little doll so I hope that was good enough!


Happy kids!


We went to my parents for Easter dinner and enjoyed spending time with family and friends.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You did a great job on Julia's outfit! Super cute!

jakeanddeana said...

Julia's outfit is adorable! Love it! Glad to read you got a sewing machine! Are you making any quilts?

Megan Smith said...

That outfit is really cute! Good for you! The kids look very happy there with their easter goodies.