Friday, April 8, 2011

Grandpa Gaisford

My Grandpa Gaisford passed away last night. He would have been 92 this month. He is the last of my grandparents to pass away. He will be missed but we are so happy that he can reunite with Grandma and all his other relatives. It is fun to look back at all the memories I have had with him. Just some of the memories are going to the cabin, his hard work ethic, working at his insurance office, his jokes, going to his house when I was little and eating lunch with him on his break from work, calling me Becky Boo, his singing voice, his charm, golfing, taking lunch or dinner to him during the past couple of years, watching him direct music in church, family home evenings at his home in Phoenix, Trident gum, M&M's, and so much more.I feel so grateful to have always lived close by and to see him often!
One of the last memories I have is taking Dean and Julia to visit him. He would always mention that Dean's great great-grandfather was named Dean. He always would give him M&M's and make funny faces so Dean would laugh. I know Dean won't remember but it will be fun to tell him these things when he gets older.

No comments: