Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year and Birthday

Brian and I went out on New Year's Eve to dinner and a movie. It was so nice being out on a date to celebrate the coming year. We tried 3 restaurants and found the shortest wait at Carabas. It was only a 75 minute wait instead of a 3 hour plus wait at Black Angus or Outback. We had gift cards so it did not matter which one we went to. The dinner was good and while we were waiting we met some nice snow birds! The weather was quite chilly so after the movie I had Brian get the car so I could wait inside. He is the one that suggested it because I get cold so easily. I attempted to stay up until midnight but we only lasted until 11:30pm. It wasn't a big priority I suppose.

New Year's Day we spent relaxing and running a few errands. We also went to Costa Vida for lunch for an early birthday celebration for me. We had my family over for dessert that night. My sister Emily made a chocolate cream pie and a banana cream pie while Mom made brownies for the kids. It was nice of them to provide the dessert!

Sunday the 2nd was my birthday. Brian let me relax in bed while he took care of the kids. Dean got up earlier than normal maybe he was used to our 8 am church. This year we have 1 pm church. It is nice to not have to rush in the morning but not sure how it will work with naps. Church went pretty good overall. Julia took an extra nap in the morning so she was great at church. I had to take her out during Sunday School due to her loud talking and our small class. She was great during Relief Society and I was able to stay the whole time. When we got home from church Dean crashed on the couch and Julia lasted until 5:30pm. I finally put her to bed for the night and she slept until about 7 am the next morning so it worked out great! We had to wake Dean up at 5:30 so he would go to bed at a normal time. Brian made me a mint oreo ice cream pie that night. It was so yummy! He also got me some items from Bath and Body Works. I am in the process of getting a new sewing machine that will be from other family members. I will update when I finally make the purchase.

No comments: