Sunday, May 30, 2010

Elizabeth's Day

Today Elizabeth would have been 3 years old. I feel like time has gone quickly in these past 3 years and our family has already grown so much with Dean and now Julia. We have been so blessed to have them in our home along with Noah. The desire to have Elizabeth with us, to watch her grow and know her will always be there. I am impatient sometimes because I want it now and feel that there is always going to be a missing place no matter how many children we have. I am grateful to have the knowledge of eternal families and that there is a plan for all of us. The love I have for my other children is so strong that even though I miss Elizabeth I can't imagine not having Dean and Julia with us now. I feel that she is our special link to eternity.




7 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Sweet Elizabeth & your family have been in my thoughts & prayers today. You have been amazingly strong. I can't begin to imagine the continual "empty seat" feelings you must have missing your precious baby girl. I'm so sorry. Love, Meg

Emily said...

Becky, that is amazing. Sweet Elizabeth! I am so thankful for the Gospel and my thoughts are with your family today!

Nicole said...

I've been thinking of you and your family all weekend. We miss Elizabeth too and are so thankful for the knowledge that Families are Forever! Prayers, hugs and kisses to you and your family!

Emily Ferrell said...

We miss her too and I think of her often. You have been so strong through this whole thing and I really admire you for that. I love you guys.

sara said...

I love the picture of the three of you. She will always be your first and have a special place in your hearts. Your life has changed so dramatically in the past three years and you both have handled the trials perfectly.

Deb said...

You are such a strong person and such an example to me.

chelsea mckell said...

Beautiful post. I can't believe it's already been 3 years. It's gotta be comforting to know that she's probably watching you from not-so-far away. Love you all!