Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Dean!

Dean is 12 months today. What a joy he continues to be in our family. Words cannot express the love and gratitude I have for having this special little miracle in our home. He has been such a good baby over this past year and has grown so fast. Dean is almost walking and will probably be more consistent at it in the next week. He loves to clap and wave. He has found his voice and enjoys screaming when he wants us to pay attention to him or if he wants more food. He says dada and mama, barks like a dog, and tries to moo like a cow but is only able to press his lips together without the sound. He is starting to hug more and cuddle. He still eats a lot and hopefully that will continue. He loves books and enjoys just looking at them or having us read to him. He now drinks just from a cup, mostly a sippy cup. No more bottles to clean-woo hoo! He sleep from about 7pm to 6:30am and still takes two naps. He loves people and enjoys watching kids of any age. His new fun activity is to go to the mall and play in the kids area. He enjoys watching the fish and playing with balls. He enjoys swimming and has been able to go twice so far since the weather has gotten warm. He knows what we mean when we say ball, fish, clap, wave, Mom, Dad, and Noah. It is hard to believe that he has been with us for a year. Time flys especially when you are having so much fun! Dean you are such a wonderful baby and little boy!

6 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

wow - he turned one, and suddenly looks way more like a toddler than a baby! That's awesome he's still sleeping so well. It sounds like you know how lucky you are to have such an easy baby! Tell Dean to check out the family blog for his tribute I did for him yesterday. I meant to call, but I figured he'd be too busy partying to chat.
:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEANDEAN!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, Dean!

Nicole said...

How time flies! Happy first Birthday Dean!
ps, you must have 2 Nicoles commenting--this ones Nicole Rust. :)

ConnieB said...

Wow I can't believe he's one already! I guess him and Brody are closer in age than I thought! How are you?!

Christin said...

Happy belated bday Dean! He is so cute! I miss you guys and can't wait to see all he can do!

Deb said...

Happy birthday Dean!