Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Brian!

It is my Birthday today. I am 1/10 of the way to completing my goal of living until I am 350. As I reflect upon the times of my life there are several memories that stand out. First and foremost, I must thank my loyal fans. Without all of you I could not have come this far. Well, actually I could have, but I did want to give you a shout out. Holla!!! Many of you are probably thinking...."What is the secret? What is the wisdom that Brian can pass on to the generations?" Let me tell you. I don't like vegetables. Nope, not a single one. (except potatoes, but that doesn't really count, does it?) My point is this....I spent most of my early childhood discovering ways to avoid eating them. I would hide them in my pockets, bury them in my napkin, and I would put them on the plates of my siblings when they were not looking. The result is that I have become very resourceful. I have been trained to survive against all odds. I have gained the confidence of a Spartan warrior (all 300 of them) and I have the skills of a ninja master. All of this and I remain a master of servant leadership. I have been called by many names, 'Giver' 'Extreme Lover of the Universe' and 'Big Daddy'. I would encourage each of you to dig deep into your hearts and think of the many ways that my life has touched yours and then be thankful. Happy Birthday to me!


This is but a small sample of the generations who celebrated my arrival to Earth.








4 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I can't believe no one has commented. (It's probably an inferiority thing) Loved the post. It looks like you had a fun birthday. Although if you're going for 350 you might want to reconsider eating some veggies.

Natalie said...

Okay that was hilarious! Could I steal just a smidge of your confidence?

Seriously, no veggies?

chelsea mckell said...

your arteries are crying out, "broccoli, yams, carrots - PLEASE!" But you can't hear them because their sounds are being muffled by chocolate cake from Costco.

You forgot to mention your favorite part of the birthday festivities - hearing from chelsea via text at 5am, then later by phone call, a special tribute on the family blog, and even a facebook wall shoutout.
I rock.

Debbie said...

Brianl - I don't believe we heard from you regarding anything in particular that might have come your way close to the time in which the celebration of the day of your birth ocurred. Mom!