Saturday, October 11, 2008

Forever In Blue Jeans!!!


Becky says that I have only posted once. I do not know if this is true, but I will post this one because Neil Diamond rocks and we got to party with him last night! Yup, feel free to be jealous. I scored some sweet tickets in a private suite. This makes a concert so much better because I get to choose when I want to stand and party like a rock star or sit on our balcony seat and just enjoy the music. No more standing up just because the person in front of me just stood up. I prefer to view the performer and not the rear ends of the people in front of me. We took our good friends Sam and Heather Blackham as a wedding gift. Yeah, I know....best wedding gift ever! So we all wore our blue jeans, but we could not take our cameras inside. Neil rocked the house. He had about a 12 minute version of 'Cherry, Cherry' and he performed 'Sweet Caroline' 3 times. He sang it once. Then he sang it again. Then he sang it again. It was sweet, but you would think that a guy who has made about 400 albums would have more material. Neil cried when he sang 'Brooklyn Road'. For someone who is about 114 years old he can sure sing with a lot of emotion. I think Becky had a good time. My family is a bit weird about Neil. Not quite stocker weird, but we certainly get a bit more excited than most people about him. After about 4 or 5 songs into the concert Becky finally admitted to knowing one of the songs. This was a bit of concern to me since I had been singing nearly every word of each song up to that point. To make things even better we scored free parking. I love Neil and I love free stuff. Rock on!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Better keep catching Neil's concerts - he IS getting up there! But there is only ONE Neil. Last concertof his we went to - NOBODY sat! Isn't "wierd" kind of funny - something so familiar and enjoyed by one...not familiar to another...WIERD!

quadmom said...

How fun is that that you guys saw Neil Diamond in concert!

Nicole said...

I'm jealous! I love Neil! Tony always quotes the line from What About Bob whenever I listen to him.
Dr. Leo Marvin: Are you married?
Bob Wiley: I'm divorced.
Dr. Leo Marvin: Would you like to talk about that?
Bob Wiley: There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.
Dr. Leo Marvin: [pause] I see. So, what you're saying is that even though you are an almost-paralyzed, multiphobic personality who is in a constant state of panic, your wife did not leave you, you left her because she... liked Neil Diamond?

Emily said...

that sounds so awesome, i am so jealous! i love neil diamond!! i hope you guys had fun!

chelsea mckell said...

Neil is actually 117. He just looks young when he sings those romantic love ballads that make me swoon. Ohhhhh Neil! Pack up the babies, grab the old ladies - EVERYONE GOES!

sara said...

Free tickets and Neal Diamond....life doesn't get better than that!!

Heather said...

Yes, pretty much the best present ever. We had a great time! Thanks, you guys.