Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fossil Creek

Brian and I along with some friends went to Fossil Creek on Saturday August 23. This was the morning after our AC problems. Luckily my parents were able to meet with the AC people to get it working for us before we got home. My mom was so nice to watch Dean for us so we could go on this day date. It was so much fun! We can't wait to do it again! There was hiking, cliff jumping, rope swings and so much water. We even heard a few rattlesnakes which made us take a detour when we were heading back to end our hike.The picture below from left to right is Amber, John, Brian, Becky, Dani, and Matt.There were places where people had made rope swingsThis is Becky trying to reach the higher piece of wood to grab onto but not quite tall enough.
It was fun hiking in the water. Brian and I were lucky that we are tall because some places were deeper making it hard to keep the backpacks dry.














These pictures are a little out of order. There were many places to do a little cliff jumping. It has been a few years since I have jumped off a cliff and I was not really planning on doing it but I decided that I needed to let loose and have some fun. As you can see I finally jumped but it took a little longer than I thought and Brian had to come up and cheer me on. Now in the pictures it doesn't look that high but notice how there is a tree in front of the cliff. You had to make sure you jumped out not to hit the tree. I let my small fear of heights get to me and I got a little freaked out but once I jumped it was great!








2 comments:

sara said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm proud of you for over coming your fears!!

JoAnn said...

What a fun date! It looks like you guys had fun.