William Cardon Smith was born on 8-8-13 at 8:08 pm. He weighed 8 lbs and was 21 3/4 inches long. His head circumference was 14 inches. Everything went so smoothly and we were happy for his safe arrival. My sister Emily took the girls and dropped me off at the hospital at 10 am. I was scheduled for my induction but had to get antibiotics first because I tested positive for group B strep. By the time I checked in and they got me settled it was not until noon that they got the antibiotics started. I just relaxed and was able to order lunch. I told Brian to work as long as he needed to because all he would be doing is sit and be bored. He got to the hospital around 2 pm. I was able to start on pitocin at 4:15. I was already dilated to 5cm and was at least 50% effaced. Dr Lepetich arrived at the hospital at 5 pm and broke my water. He is so awesome and was only there to deliver my baby. He hung out and would come and check on me every half hour or so. I was able to get an epidural shortly after my water was broken since the anesthesiologist was already on the floor. I only felt a couple of strong contractions which was nice. Brian was joking that we had to wait until 8:08 to have him. I thought that there is no way we would need to wait for that time. Well I guess it was meant to be because the time I was ready to push was so close to that time. I only had to push for about 10 minutes and on the final push out it was 8:08 pm. He came out without tearing or a cut being made. He was our biggest baby by 1 1/2 lbs. I was extremely tired once I got the epidural and it continued the rest of the night. William ended up having low blood sugar that needed IV treatment to help. The NICU team was called over and he was taken there for the whole hospital stay. it was nice knowing he was well taken care of and I got a lot of needed rest. I had not slept well the past week due to my broken elbow and being pregnant. We did not officially name him until we got home. We are so happy he is home!
2 years ago
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment