2 years ago
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Elizabeth's Day
Today we remembered Elizabeth. She would have been 5 years old. It it crazy how fast time goes. Our life is filled with our other children who keep us very busy but I still always wish she was here. I actually did great today and did not shed a tear. My tears came the night before. She has been on my mind more this past month. I think 5 is a milestone age where kids get ready for kindergarten and they just seem older. I realize we won't have these moments with her. It is also the exact day of the week where all the events took place of my labor, news of her death, delivery, hospital stay, burial preparations and graveside service. I was just having a lot of flashbacks of the events I did that Tuesday the night we went to the hospital when I was in labor and then the Wednesday she delivered. I am so glad for the healing process because my sadness now is nothing to where it was at the beginning. I can remember that it was awful but I can't feel that sorrow anymore. It is amazing how so much pain and grief can be lifted. It makes my testimony of Christ's Atonement strengthened because it is through Him that we can be healed. Today was just a normal day but Brian took off work early so we could go out to eat as a family. We went to Red Robin very kid friendly. I bought some clothes and blankets to donate to the hospital but felt I should wait another day to deliver them. After dinner we went to Mariposa Gardens where Elizabeth was buried. I was planning on getting new flowers to put in the vase but never got around to it. Dean helped me pick some out last time so I told him we could go later and get some. It was nice just to go and visit. It is a very pretty place. Brian made the comment that it is very rare that we get all 7 members of our family together. Maybe she was with us. I will patiently wait to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You brought tears to my eyes remembering your sweet first born. You and Brian were amazingly strong five years ago. I'm glad that the sorrow is remembered but leaving your heart. Love you tons.
You are an amazing mother! I am glad your family was able to spend some special time together. I am glad your sorrow is easier to bear, though I know you will always miss your special little girl. Thank you for sharing your day and feelings with us. You truly touched my heart today. Love you!
It's wonderful that the pain we have in this life can be lessened through Christ's suffering for us. I can't wait to get to meet Elizabeth one day!
We think of Elizabeth often and we can't wait to be with her someday and get to know her. You have been so outwardly strong this whole time but I know inside there has been a lot of sadness. We love you and your family.
I agree with everyone's comments. I think of Elizabeth and your family often. I'm so thankful for the healing power in the atonement and for temples. Can't wait to see everyone reunited one day.
Post a Comment