Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dean's 1st Prayer

When Dean was younger and learning about prayer he would imitate our actions by folding his arms etc. I think he even tried to repeat a prayer a few times here and there. The past while probably 6 months or so he does not even like to participate in prayer time. He usually is disruptive and during the food prayers he will start eating. A few times he says he will say it but then he starts acting goofy and saying silly words. I was getting a little frustrated. We usually ask him if he would like to say the prayer before anyone else but her refuses. Tonight went a little different. We were in the room and it was time for prayer so I asked him if he would say it. He said yes and actually folded his arms and closed his eyes. I asked him if he wanted help and he said no. He started and ended the prayer correctly, I am not sure what he said in the middle (there was a lot of mumbling) but it was great! We were so excited for him and he was happy as well. When I got him to his bed he wanted me to say a prayer. After I ended it he told me that I needed to prayer for a couple of things and made me do it again. It was funny! Not sure if it will last but it was a memory to keep!
He also is not very good when we read our scriptures and does not want to participate. A couple of weeks ago I was reading the Book of Mormon while he was playing. He asked me what I was doing so I told him. I then asked him if he wanted to read a scripture with me. Surprisingly he agreed and repeated one scripture with me. It was great!

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Love those special moments that come when we are least expecting them. Makes you just want to give them a big squeeze! So fun!

Nicole said...

What sweet moments! He's growing up!