Dean is 30 months or 2 1/2 years today. He is growing up so quickly. He is such a good boy and we love him so much! He is a typical 2 year old and loves to explore and do things for himself. He has to buckle himself in his car seat or freaks out if we do it. Lately he wants to shut the car door as well. He loves going to the park especially when he can play with friends. It is fun watching him run, jump, and climb. He also loves to play with any kid he sees and he usually is drawn to those older than him. He loves playing with Julia and Noah. He is becoming pretty good at sharing most of the time. He speaks very well and likes to sing. I sing to him before nap and bedtime and he has a list of songs he always wants me to sing in the exact same order. Dora, Diego (these two I have to make up), Snowman song, I am a child of God, I love to see the temple, Twinkle Twinkle little star, and Give said the little stream. He knows if I try to go out of order. He also wants a few books read to him before bed. He usually likes to pick a couple and then wants me to pick one to read. He still takes one nap but sometimes it takes him 30-45 minutes to fall asleep but he needs it. He usually tells me "I'm not tired" when it is time for bed. He likes to say the food prayer with my help but usually declines other times. He loves to help make breakfast or any meal. During the day he will tell me he misses Daddy, Noah, or even sometimes myself even though I am with him. He always notices when the moon is out. He likes to go outside with his daddy to look at the moon. He still likes to make big piles or big messes with his toys.
This picture is one of his recent messes. He put all the stuffed animals from his room which is a lot and some other toys in the bathtub. He then decided he wanted to fill it with water. I luckily got there in time and only a few of the animals got wet.
He likes to color, work on his shape, color, and letter flash cards with me. One game we play when we are out is naming different letters off big signs we see at the store. He names the ones he knows and sometimes he surprises me because he is still learning and remembering. He likes to count anything he sees sometimes counting in order and other times just naming off numbers. When we are playing on the ground sometimes my back will start hurting so I lay on my side. He usually does not like me laying down and wants me to get up and sit. The other day we were playing connect four-Dean's version-and I was laying on my side he said in a concerned voice "your back hurts". It was cute seeing his concern.
Even though he tests our patience quite often at this stage in his life he life is wonderful with him around. He always melts my heart when he says "thanks you". We love you Dean!



5 comments:
You forgot that he has been potty trained for 6 months!!!
=) I like Dean.
PS You and Brian make cute kids!!
I can't believe he's growing up so fast! You are very lucky to have caught the big bath he was preparing!!! Little Jean-Jacques did that once, but wasn't found out until he had flooded the basement!
Dean is quite adorable - his father used to put my make-up in the toilet when he was a similar age!
Post a Comment