Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sick Days

I am sitting at home missing my husband and baby. Our family has been hit with sickness this week and our littlest one Julia got it the worst. She has been in the hospital since late Tuesday night or I guess very early Wednesday morning. She is the unlucky baby to get RSV. I was hoping this would not happen but knew it is something that babies can get this time of year. It was very scary at first but once she was in the hospital I knew she would be taken care of. I tried to be careful not to take her places but like our doctor said it is friends and family that we probably have to worry about the most. They are the ones that we let hold our baby or touch them. Dean got sick first, then Julia, and then me. Julia is doing a lot better and we are hoping she will be able to return home by tomorrow. Brian and I have been switching off being with her. When Brian is gone at school or his internship my family have been great at taking turns watching Dean. We have great neighbors as well. Tonight my parents even went to the hospital to watch her so Brian, Dean, and I could spend some time together going to a friends reception. It is sad seeing a child be so sick and sad to be gone from the other so much. I can't wait for us all to be home together again.

10 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

I put her name in the St. George temple today! Get-well wishes to you all.

LINDSAY AND COUGAR said...

Hi Becky- thinking of you all daily! So glad Julia is getting better! I hope everything gets back to normal soon- it will! Love you guys!

Kookie said...

So sad to hear about baby Julia. Wishing you all a speedy recovery.

Megan Smith said...

Hope this all concludes quickly. Keep us updated.

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can't wait to hear when she gets home with you. Take care!

Danell said...

I hope she gets well soon! Emma had to go into the hospital again when she was 5 weeks old. I know it is scary and absolutely no fun. Hang in there!

randi said...

so sorry. i'm glad she is getting better though. lucy had rsv also at 5 weeks. it was scary but they sure do a great job at caring for those babies! get better!

sara said...

I'm so sorry that Julia is in the hospital and that your family is so sick. I hope she out out now.

Nicole said...

Glad she's home now and doing better!!

Emily said...

I hope Julia feels better soon!