Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dean's 18 month STATs

Weight: 27lbs 10oz 75th percentile
Height: 34 1/2 inches 95th percentile

Dean is not enjoying the doctor as much as he used to. He cries when the nurses walk into the room, when they touch him, when they try to weigh and measure him, when the doctor comes in, and epspecially when he gets his shots. Luckily he does stop immediatly after they are finished with him. When he was getting his 3 shots I was holding him. The nurse did 2 in one arm and quickly put on the bandaid and then the last one in the other arm. He quickly ripped the bandaids off. Then as I was holding him and calming him down she gave me a flu shot as well and put my bandaid on. Well Dean didn't want mommy to have a bandaid either so he started taking it off but I didn't let him because it was a cute bandaid. Anyways I thought it was funny!

While I am thinking about doctor appts.-Brian and Dean went to my OB appt. a month ago. The nurse took us back and then proceeded to take my blood pressure. When she started putting the cuff on my arm and then pumping it Dean started to cry because I think he thought the nurse was hurting me. When he saw I was reacting normal he stopped. I thought it was cute how concerned he was for me.

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Only the 75th % ? Scrawny kid.

;)

Cute story! That's sweet he thought they were hurting you and he cried!

Debbie said...

Fun to hear the update. That was sensitive of Dean - I like sensitive "guys".