Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dean is Walking!?!?

I don't know how many steps a baby has to walk before you can officially say that they have learned how to walk. For quite a while Dean has been able to pull himself up to to furniture and walls and walk along beside them holding on. He has even ventured out for one or two steps before deciding to plop down and crawl. However, today I tempted Dean with a popsicle and he walked along the couch until I moved to popsicle just out of reach. He was so focused on the popsicle that he simply let go and began walking. Becky and I counted each step...1...2...3...4...5! I think that at 5 steps he realized what was happening and he sat down again. So is it now official?

4 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like it! Good job Dean!

chelsea mckell said...

How many steps does it take to be a walker.... good question. I called Brianna a "stepper" til she was done crawling.
I wanna see updated pics of cute Mr. Dean cruising vertically!

Emily said...

Way to go Dean! Popsicles are pretty good, that would make me walk too!

Deb said...

Go Dean! Now the fun begins at church.