Thursday, February 26, 2009

Volleyball

My cousin Deborah invited me to play on a league volleyball team 2 weeks ago. I love volleyball and was very excited when she asked me, even though it is about 25 minutes from my home, it is a double header, and the first game doesn't start until 9:30 pm. It did not take me long to agree to play on her team and what a great decision it has been. I have only played two weeks now and am enjoying every minute of it. The first night I played the competition was tough but our team held our ground considering we are the oldest team out there. Our team name is the "Young Guns". I got tired and my legs got sore but the adrenaline kept me playing until the end. I forgot how much I love playing competitive volleyball. The first team we played that night had all played volleyball for ASU. I thought our team did great considering it was the first time we had ever played together and some of us had not played since high school. This past Tuesday was a blast and we actually won our first game. The only down side was Deborah broke her filling, ouch! More volleyball updates to come.

7 comments:

randi said...

volleyball is so fun! i'm so glad you are playing. what league are you in? mesa cancelled their league and it is so sad. i miss it. keep it up!

Sara said...

That is so fun! I didn't know you played volleyball.

Jen Hakes said...

I'm so glad you and Deb get to have that time together! What a great thing to do for yourself.

Mandy said...

That is great that you can do that together! How fun!

Debbie said...

So glad you took that offer and had fun. Yep - that is a late start, but youth is on your side!

Nicole said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I can't wait to hear more from your Volleyball adventures!

Deb said...

Tonight was a tough one, but I'm looking forward to next week! You did awesome as setter.