Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dean Update

I just thought I write an update on Dean's development the past couple of weeks. Dean has been crawling (a real crawl, not army style) for the past few weeks and is getting very quick. He loves to crawl under the table and if he sees a door open he is going that direction. He has been trying to pull himself up from sitting, kneeling, and finally to standing. He does great when I am sitting on the ground and he pulls himself up using my body as support. He also has been able to pull himself up from shorter heights, like my parents fireplace. This morning he finally was able to pull himself up using the couch as support. I was sitting on it and he was holding onto it in kneeling position, which he has been doing the past week. Then he just stood up and what fun it was for me to watch! He did it one other time tonight at my parents house after dinner. What little joys I get from watching Dean do the simplest(big for him) things! I love being a mom!

8 comments:

Emily said...

that is so cute. they work so hard to do all of these things. i am glad you got to see it!

Sara said...

yeah dean! I remember getting excited about the littlest things my babies would do! Can't wait to start all over again!

Emily Ferrell said...

He is the cutest baby. I am so glad that we live close by and I get to see him all the time. I sure love his smile and his easy going personality. I also love watching him and Hailey play together.

Emily Ferrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Hakes said...

You are right. There is so much joy in being a mother!

Deb said...

It is so amazing how fast they grow up and change in just one year. I always try to soak up every joyful moment, because they grow up way too fast.

chelsea mckell said...

I know whatcha mean about getting excited when they do little things.

And now I want a PICTURE update of the little (big) guy!

Debbie said...

I love those updates. Can't wait to see all of you soon.