Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Graduation, Becky!!!

Yesterday was a very special day. Becky graduated from NAU with her master's degree from the College of Education. Her degree is in human relations and counseling. Becky has been working very hard on this. She graduated with distinction, which means she is smarter than A LOT of other people. In fact, she had all A's, except for a B in statistics, which is just as good as an A if you have ever taken statistics. I am so proud of Becky. She is the first to earn a master's degree in her immediate family. She has been an inspiration to me as I am attempting to earn one myself.
For those who may not know, Becky decided to begin this program of study shortly after the passing of our daughter. She needed something to help occupy the time and serve as a healthy distraction from the pains of loss that were almost overwhelming. She did all of this in about 16 months while still working part time as a school teacher, giving birth to Dean, being an awesome step momma for Noah and being the best wife ever. She actually does a lot more than that. She serves in the r.s. presidency, gives blood twice a week, hosts a weekly radio show, and in her spare time she tracks & studies the elusive snow leopard in Far East Russia.


Becky is the one wearing the black hat. Actually, she is bottom center after having just received her diploma. You can't see me, but I am sitting just behind the two balding men at the bottom of the picture.

Becky and the lumberjack mascot


Becky's parents accompanied Dean and I to watch her graduation ceremony at the Sky Dome of NAU.


18 comments:

randi said...

wow becky! that is amazing. i'm so proud of you too. i know that must have been a lot of hard work. i didn't even know you were working on your masters. good job, maybe someday i'll be like you and go back to school also. you're inspiring!

Emily Ferrell said...

Congratulations Becky! That is a huge accomplishment. We are so proud of you.

Debbie said...

Becky, this blog reveals many things about you I didn't know. I believe everthing that Brian said you have done except for the masters. That was a little far fetched! Everything else I am down with. Please post pictures the next time you find a snow leopard. We are very proud of your accomplishments.

Debbie said...

Dad did not sign his name - the previous comment was his. Seriously Becky - what an amazing accomplishment. YOU have a MASTERS IN EDUCATION! Those grades were outstanding. I never had to take a statisitcs class. I remember others making comments on that class though - beyond hard!
Congrats! MOM S

Kookie said...

Way to go, Becky!

sara said...

You rock Becky!! Congratulations!!

jocelyn said...

YAY! Good for you Becky. That is a great accomplishment.

Allie said...

Way to go, Becky ! You really do amaze me! I am glad to know you and have you as my friend!

Sara said...

Becky you are amazing! I am interested in hearing more about the radio talk show. I had no idea you did that! Congrats on all of your accomplishments!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Becky!! Way to go!!

Deb said...

Becky, you are awesome! I need to go back to school, but I can never make up my mind of what I want to persue. Oh well. Good job!!!!

Liz said...

Congratulations Becky! You have been busy this year. Snow leopards are suppose to be the hardest animal to find, so I am curious as to how you are tracking them.

Megan Smith said...

Becky--What a great accomplishment along with sweet remarks from your honey. You did it! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

GO BECKY! You are an amazing woman!

Dave said...

Congrats Becky! Quite the list of accomplishments. I'm curious about this radio show you are doing too. I know how hard stats can be. I also got a B and I obsessively studied for that B too. I'm not the best at math. Don't you just love husbands that like to embarrass you and tell the world everything you are trying to keep discreet? I have one like that too. :) Love you, Michelle Cheney Larsen

Natalie said...

Congrats in a major way!! That is very impressive Becky! You are an amazing person, but seem to quietly hide it all. I'm thankful for this blog so I can see a bit more into your life.

Danell said...

Woohoo! That's awesome!!! Way to go!

Christin said...

Becky you are totally amazing. Congratulations!