Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Working Mother

My students started on Monday and my summer and days as a fulltime stay at home mother is over (for the time being). I started back and am in my 5th year teaching Junior High PE. I am now a working mother. This is not a title I would have ever thought I would have, especially with my baby so young but I feel that under the circumstances I have been blessed. I have a great schedule and only have to work part-time. I can get home around 11:30 AM or so. Right now my wonderful husband Brian is having the opportunity to watch Dean while I am away. What a great bonding time they are having. I have found a babysitter close to home and someone I trust when Brian has to end his role as a stay at home dad. Overall even though it is not what I would prefer, I am going try to make these next 9 months (the length of my school year and contract) the best I can. Then next year if all goes as we are planning I hope to say "I am a fulltime stay at home mother". I love being a mom!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the way you are approaching your circumstances right now. I'm happy for you - for all you have been blessed with. I bet you are a fun teacher!

Nicole said...

I bet it's so difficult to be away from that sweet baby, but you're right about all the blessings in your life. Life certainly doesn't always go as planned - but keep enjoying the journey!

sara said...

I'm sure that you and Brian will continue to be blessed and that everything will work out.

Nicole said...

Hey Becky, I'm excited you have a blog! Even though you live just down the street I don't get to talk to you that much. It will be good to keep up better with you guys! I think its great that Brian gets to spend some one on one time with Dean. -Nicole Rust(I see you have another nicole that already made a comment, so I thought I better put my last name)

Kookie said...

You have such a beautiful family and a gorgeous blog. I'm so glad I won't have to wait YEARS to see you anymore. Thank goodness for this blogging thing. I'll check back often!
Kelli

randi said...

hey becky! i'm so glad we can check in on eachother. 9 months is going to go by sooo fast and then hopefully you can be home with that sweet boy even more!

Mandy said...

I worked half days the first year Kimball was born and I loved every minute I spent with him. Now that I am at home with him all day, I treasure every moment even more having been away!

chelsea mckell said...

ditto on what my mom said - you have such a great attitude about it. Im actually a little jealous - I think it would be fun to go play PE for a few hours a day - and get paid! Dean is lucky to have such a great mommy.

Deb said...

It is so nice that Brian can watch him while you are away for now. You seem to have a great schedule too!